My office had a forced closure after Chinese New Year so I decided to take the opportunity to visit LEGOLAND Malaysia Resort during the Chinese New Year long weekend. This time, we decided to bring my mum along!
Aidan and Davina ushered in their first Year of the Rat with Legoland’s Lunar New Year show. There were Sze Chuan face-changing (??) opera, Chinese folk dance and lion dance on high pole acts.
For me, it’s pretty much an eye opener. I grew up in a mixed race family and honestly was more exposed to the Malay traditions rather than the Chinese. I was really glad that there were traditional Chinese performances and celebrations for the children.
It was a good exposure to the Chinese Culture, even for myself! Makes it a good educational and learning moment for the kids especially.
Aside from the cultural shows, the resort hosted The Rat Race. There were a lot of fun activities such as building your very own LEGO Zodiac Rat, Giant LEGO Orange Build and Lunar New Year Traditional Games such as learning Jian Zi Jam and Chinese Yoyo!
Apart from the rides and performances at the theme park, there were also cultural activities only during this Chinese New Year. Apparently, Monkey King made an appearance. Aidan was amused at the Monkey King! Looks like we would have to show Journey to the West soon!
At Miniland, there’s a cute activity where you can find and snap pictures of the 10 escaped LEGO rats too!
Aside from the Lunar New Year themed activities, we also had fun with the usual rides and activities.
We escaped to SEALIFE to escape the afternoon heat and was greeted by underwater God of Fortune! The kids really enjoyed SEALIFE and spotting the various sealife.
We also cooled off at the Water Park. Now that Davina is older and bigger, she could enjoy the lazy river!
For this trip, we stayed at Ramada Meridin. There were shuttle buses for guests to Legoland but we chose to drive. We parked at Legoland Hotel as it was sheltered and nearest to the Theme Park.
Currently there is a promotion from now till 15th February. Promotion deets below:
Year of The Rat Legoland Promotion!
– 50% off on the 2nd ticket purchased from now to 15th February 2020 and the opportunity to upgrade to an annual pass for a 365-day LEGOLAND ® experience with a minimum top-up!
For more details, check out https://www.legoland.com.my/book-visit/sg-admission-tickets-and-annual-passes/
Thank you LEGOLAND Malaysia and Brand Inc for hosting!
Do check out my pregnancy and baby blog posts here:
- The Third Party
- Pregnancy’s Musings
- Pregnancy Pet Peeves
- Prenatal Yoga
- Choosing Junior’s name
- Pampering treats during my pregnancy
- 35 weeks pregnant
- Almost there now
- Maternity photoshoot by Ashley Low Photography
- Say hello to baby Aidan!
- Newborn shoot with Ashley Low Photography
- Happy Father’s Day with Oral B
- Aidan is 3 months old
- Chubby A wears ChubbyK
- Trying out QV!
- How is it like being a mum?
- Aidan is now 4 months old
- Aidan’s birth story
- My pre-preparation before Aidan’s arrival
- Bringing Aidan home
- A is 5 months old!
- A dad’s role
- Baby Aidan is 6 months old!
- Transitioning back to work
- Babywearing rocks!
- Aidan is now 7 months old!
- Milk bath for Baby Aidan!
- Ecostore baby range
- Family staycation at Ramada Singapore
- Baby Aidan is now 8 months old!
- Somebody is 9 months old
- 4 Major Things That Happened To Me in 2016
- Meeting Ula from Tula!
- Aidan turns 10
- CNY: Then and Now
- 11 months old!
- Our Family Fun Escape Staycation at Swissotel Merchant Court
- Trying out Nateen Baby Diapers
- Our Family Photoshoot with Ashley Low Photography
- Aidan is 1!
- No longer a baby! A is 13 months old!
- 14 months old now!
- If I can, I will
- Aidan’s cake smash photoshoot
- You’ll never stop worrying as a parent
- Our stay at Oasia Residence
- How I packed the Jujube BFF for a day out!
- Aidan is 15 months old
- Celebrating 33
- Bringing a baby to Genting
- Aidan’s 16 & 17 months milestones
- Aidan’s 18 & 19 months milestones
- Our Royal Caribbean Mariners of the Seas cruise experience with a toddler
- A new addition coming our way in April 2018
- My Gender Reveal Photoshoot
- Aidan’s milestones
- Suffering from nursing aversion
- My maternity photoshoot with Ashley Low Photography
- Difference between expecting #1 and #2
- Presenting Davina Sim…
- Davina’s birth story
- Our newborn and family shoot with Ashley Low Photography
- My PEM Confinement Review
- Aidan’s and Davina’s monthly milestones
- Tian Yuan Xiang Chicken Essence Review
- Post Natal Massage Singapore Review
- Tips on flying onboard
- Tian Wei Signatures – Confinement Food Catering in Singapore
- D’Elegance – Shapewear to boost your confidence
- Updates about the kiddos
- Back on Royal Caribbean Singapore
- Quarterly updates about the kiddos
- Legoland Malaysia
- Our Uniqlo family photoshoot
- Having more than one kid
- Why I decided to take a break and become a SAHM
- Our casual newborn shoot
Thanks for reading nadnut.com – Singapore Lifestyle Blog! Do follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram to get quicker updates of my life! For advertorials, media invitations or sponsored reviews, please contact me here.