As some of you guys know, I'm currently pregnant with my second kid which is a girl. Friends have been asking me if there are any differences between expecting a boy and a girl so I thought I should blog this out!
To make this more fun, I will share a common myth and will indicate if it's true for me or false!
Common myth #1
If you are pregnant with a girl, you will tend to break out as "girls steal your beauty". If you are pregnant with a boy, your skin will be glowing.
Both pregnancies, I didn't break out nor did my skin "glow". I have dull skin and hardly have any pimples and acne. Both skin conditions were exactly the same.
Common myth #2
If you are pregnant with a boy, you will tend to crave for more salty/meaty items. If you are pregnant with a girl, you will crave for sweet desserts.
I do have cravings but they are quite minimal compared to the other mamas I know. Both pregnancies I crave mainly more for sweet items. Awfully chocolate ice-cream remains a consistent craving.
Common myth #3
If you are pregnant with a girl, you will tend to get morning sickness.
I hardly had any morning sickness with Aidan but with Davina, I had it very very very bad.
Common myth #4
If you are pregnant with a boy, your tummy will be sharp. If you are pregnant with a girl, it will be round.
In early stages, both times, the tummy looked the same. But as I hit my third trimester, it was really significant on how the difference in shape! Aidan was super sharp! While Davina is round like an egg!
Common myth #5
If you get migraines/headaches, you are likely to be carrying a boy.
While I did not have much morning sickness when I was pregnant with Aidan, I had very severe migraines. With Davina, I didn't get any migraines but I had severe morning sickness.
These are just 5 of the myths that I will be sharing! Also, just to share some other updates about my pregnancy.
- I suffered from cervical polyps with Aidan.
- I had 3 huge ones during my pregnancy. Gynae said, it's due to too much estrogen. Was bleeding throughout my second and third trimester.
- Davina was breech for a period of time.
- She was breech for a good 6 weeks at least while Aidan had no such issues.
- Both times, I kena preterm contractions.
- Both times, I am diagnosed with low placenta.
- With Davina, my placenta is even lower than with Aidan..
- With Aidan, I had a huge blood clot.
- Until now, I still do not know if it was the bloody show. It looked like it though!
- Both times, I kena gestational diabetes.
And now... we count down to Davina's arrival. Here's praying for a safe delivery! Fingers crossed!
Do check out my pregnancy and baby blog posts here:
- The Third Party
- Pregnancy's Musings
- Pregnancy Pet Peeves
- Prenatal Yoga
- Choosing Junior's name
- Pampering treats during my pregnancy
- 35 weeks pregnant
- Almost there now
- Maternity photoshoot by Ashley Low Photography
- Say hello to baby Aidan!
- Newborn shoot with Ashley Low Photography
- Happy Father's Day with Oral B
- Aidan is 3 months old
- Chubby A wears ChubbyK
- Trying out QV!
- How is it like being a mum?
- Aidan is now 4 months old
- Aidan's birth story
- My pre-preparation before Aidan's arrival
- Bringing Aidan home
- A is 5 months old!
- A dad's role
- Baby Aidan is 6 months old!
- Transitioning back to work
- Babywearing rocks!
- Aidan is now 7 months old!
- Milk bath for Baby Aidan!
- Ecostore baby range
- Family staycation at Ramada Singapore
- Baby Aidan is now 8 months old!
- Somebody is 9 months old
- 4 Major Things That Happened To Me in 2016
- Meeting Ula from Tula!
- Aidan turns 10
- CNY: Then and Now
- 11 months old!
- Our Family Fun Escape Staycation at Swissotel Merchant Court
- Trying out Nateen Baby Diapers
- Our Family Photoshoot with Ashley Low Photography
- Aidan is 1!
- No longer a baby! A is 13 months old!
- 14 months old now!
- If I can, I will
- Aidan's cake smash photoshoot
- You'll never stop worrying as a parent
- Our stay at Oasia Residence
- How I packed the Jujube BFF for a day out!
- Aidan is 15 months old
- Celebrating 33
- Bringing a baby to Genting
- Aidan's 16 & 17 months milestones
- Aidan's 18 & 19 months milestones
- Our Royal Caribbean Mariners of the Seas cruise experience with a toddler
- A new addition coming our way in April 2018
- My Gender Reveal Photoshoot
- Aidan's milestones
- Suffering from nursing aversion
- My maternity photoshoot with Ashley Low Photography
Thanks for reading nadnut.com - Singapore Lifestyle Blog! Do follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Dayre and Snapchat (nick: @nadnutdotcom) to get quicker updates of my life! For advertorials, media invitations or sponsored reviews, please contact me here.