This is a Monday’s Musings – Random thoughts, feelings and musings by Yours Truly entry under my themed blog posts! For more info about the themed blog posts, do read the entry here.
I think most of my Monday’s Musings entries comes from real life experiences. When irked, amused, I think it makes good content for Monday’s boliaoness posts.
Previously I wrote a piece “5 Things That Change Once You’ve Been Married” back in 2014. Since then, I’ve embarked into a new role, as a mother.
Decided to blog about how things have changed since then. I’ll like to hear from other parents on things that have changed for you! Please do comment on this 5 Things That Change Once You’ve Become A Parent entry!
1. You’ll never sleep well ever again.
Waking up every 3 hours because the baby needs to feed or change his diaper. Yeah. Especially if he’s breastfed, he’ll need to feed more frequently than formula fed babies.
After 6 months, Aidan has kinda slept thru the night. Sleeping thru the night means 5 hours. So, that’s the best I can get. 5 hours of sleep at a stretch. I’ll take whatever I can get.
2. You’ll never stop worrying.
During my pregnancy, we had a few scares. My gynae shared with us some advice. He said “we’ll never stop worrying as parents.” And it’s so true!
You’ll worry if he’s not eating well, if he’s gaining too much weight, not gaining enough weight, has his monthly jabs, have not started flipping like his peers, have started flipping. Basically everything. Just the other week, Aidan had a fever (not related to any jabs). Needless to say, I freaked out. Skai, being the more rationale one, told me to calm the fuck down. -_-”
Gave him some paracetamol and sponged him. His fever soon disappeared.
3. You’ll take more pictures of your baby than of yourself.
Forget selfies or wefies with your partner. The only pics that matter are your babies. Sometimes you’ll take wefies with your baby but most of the time, it is just a whole lot of spam pics of your child.
4. You’ll feel that time passes by way too fast.
Every single day, I feel that he’s growing up way too fast. Do I wish that I had the luxury to stay at home with him? Every single day.
Do I feel guilty about not spending enough time with him? Every single fucking day.
Honestly, most days, I hardly hang out with friends. Many times colleagues would ask me out for dinner etc, but all I want to do is rush home and see my boy. Goodbye social engagements and blogger events. Maybe once in a fortnight, perhaps.
5. You’ll never stop learning.
You probably thought that after university, you’ll never have to read or study again.
YOU ARE SO WRONG.
I have never researched so much in my life before. Reading about pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and now weaning.
Do check out my other Monday’s Musings blog posts here:
- 10 Things That Annoy Short People
- 5 Things That Change After Marriage
- Why You Should Never Ask A Couple When Are They Having Kids
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Travel
- 20 Facts about nadnut
- Places To Meet Guys In Singapore
- DeerNadia vs DearNadia
- Things That Couples Get Annoyed With
- Why I Hate Buying Things Back For People
- 11 Signs That You Are A Singaporean
- Reasons Why I Love Him
- The Importance Of Group Dynamics
- Things That Couples Hate to Hear
- Love is a decision, not a feeling.
- Things That Pisses Drivers Off
- Things You Do Not Want For Christmas
- Why You Should Declutter Your (Social Media) Life
- 8 Major Things That Happened To Me in 2014
- nadnut’s New Year Resolutions for 2015
- Opposites Attract
- The 10 Worst People To Travel With
- 5 Reasons Why I Love Chinese New Year
- 6 Types Of Colleagues You’ll Encounter
- Things That Freaking Irritate Me
- Then and Now. Same meaning, Different words.
- Moments where we’ve cheated
- Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.
- Things that irritate me at work
- Facebook Dislike – Yay or Nay?
- Types Of Friends That You Should Chuck
- Pregnancy Pet Peeves
- Things I’ve Missed
Do check out my pregnancy and baby blog posts here:
- The Third Party
- Pregnancy’s Musings
- Pregnancy Pet Peeves
- Prenatal Yoga
- Choosing Junior’s name
- Pampering treats during my pregnancy
- 35 weeks pregnant
- Almost there now
- Maternity photoshoot by Ashley Low Photography
- Say hello to baby Aidan!
- Newborn shoot with Ashley Low Photography
- Happy Father’s Day with Oral B
- Aidan is 3 months old
- Chubby A wears ChubbyK
- Trying out QV!
- How is it like being a mum?
- Aidan is now 4 months old
- Aidan’s birth story
- My pre-preparation before Aidan’s arrival
- Bringing Aidan home
- A is 5 months old!
- A dad’s role
- Transitioning back to work
- Babywearing rocks!
- Baby Aidan Sim is now 6 months old!
Well, this is my Monday’s Musings entry. Sorry for the long wall of text! I hope that you’ve enjoyed reading this 5 Things That Change Once You’ve Become A Parent piece! Are there any other topics that you’ll like to hear from me? Do comment and I’ll muse about that
Thanks for reading nadnut.com – Singapore Lifestyle Blog! Do follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Dayre and Snapchat (nick: @nadnutdotcom) to get quicker updates of my life! For advertorials, media invitations or sponsored reviews, please contact me here.