This is a Monday’s Musings – Random thoughts, feelings and musings by Yours Truly entry under my themed blog posts! For more info about the themed blog posts, do read the entry here.
Chinese New Year is coming and it’s THAT time of the year. I personally enjoy Chinese New Year very much!
Previously, I didn’t celebrate Chinese New Year. Only started celebrating after I started dating Skai aka c(hubby). He has a huge family and it’s really a joy celebrating Chinese New Year together!
Here are some reasons why I love Chinese New Year.
1. The Reunion Dinner
An excuse to feast. Why not? While some families may have steamboat at home (I LOVE STEAMBOAT!), Skai’s family usually book a table in a Chinese Restaurant and we’ll enjoy a good 8 course meal together!
How can you not like Yusheng! (or Lohei as some may call it). The lovely vegetables with salmon and plum sauce! The whole process is extremely fun! While I may not know all of the sayings, I usually contribute by saying ‘Tian Mi Mi’! or.. HUAT AH!
4. No work
HAHAHHAHAA. Public holidays, no work and can collect angbaos! Well, back then. Now… gotta give angbao liao. Boo.
5. The snacks
Welcome to calorie hell! Hello pineapple tarts, bakkwa and love letters! Licensed to snack!
What are your favourite moments for Chinese New Year? Do comment on this blog post!
Do check out my other Monday’s Musings blog posts here:
- 10 Things That Annoy Short People
- 5 Things That Change After Marriage
- Why You Should Never Ask A Couple When Are They Having Kids
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Travel
- 20 Facts about nadnut
- Places To Meet Guys In Singapore
- DeerNadia vs DearNadia
- Things That Couples Get Annoyed With
- Why I Hate Buying Things Back For People
- 11 Signs That You Are A Singaporean
- Reasons Why I Love Him
- The Importance Of Group Dynamics
- Things That Couples Hate to Hear
- Love is a decision, not a feeling.
- Things That Pisses Drivers Off
- Things You Do Not Want For Christmas
- Why You Should Declutter Your (Social Media) Life
- 8 Major Things That Happened To Me in 2014
- nadnut’s New Year Resolutions for 2015
- Opposites Attract
- The 10 Worst People To Travel With
Well, this is my Monday’s Musings entry. Sorry for the long wall of text! I hope that you’ve enjoyed reading this 5 Reasons Why I Love Chinese New Year musing piece! Are there any other topics that you’ll like to hear from me? Do comment and I’ll muse about that
Thanks for reading nadnut.com – Singapore Lifestyle Blog! Do follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Dayre to get quicker updates of my life! For advertorials, media invitations or sponsored reviews, please contact me here.