As some of you guys may know, I am fast approaching 40. 3 more years and I’ll be in the 4 zone. NUUUUUUUUU!
I know some people have told me that I look young but that’s pretty much attributed to my height, dressing and the way I act.
So… to look young, I also have to upkeep my appearance! It would totally be unsightly to have bad skin or wrinkles or saggy skin when everything else looks young right?!
Halley Medical Aesthetics is no stranger to me for a couple of reasons. I visited them a few years back for some body treatments and this time, I came back to see Dr Tererence Tan for my face!
I visited Dr Terence Tan and bemoaned my whole concerns to him. I shared with him the following:
- Saggy skin concerns
- Eye area looking a bit alarming i.e. my age is showing
- Cheek seems to be saggy too
- I am deadly scared of needles. Help lah.
So basically I rather not have any invasive treatments as laoniang is a scaredy cat. Taking the vaccination already nearly made me hyperventilate. Don’t even ask me how did I ever take the epidural. Let’s just say the poor nurses had to deal with me freaking out.
I could do invasive treatments but I would prefer not to. Dr Terence Tan was super sweet and kind, he listened to me bemoaning about all this, patiently. He recommended Ultherapy
to me. For those who do not know much about Ultherapy, here’s some quick facts about it!
- Ultherapy® is the only skin tightening treatment cleared by the US Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) to lift the skin from within.
- It delivers microfocused ultrasound energy to the SMAS (superficial muscular aponeurotic system) layer of the skin to stimulate collagen production for a natural, effective lifting and contouring.
- Best of all, there is no surgery and little to no downtime involved for this procedure. ?Other than the full face, it is also suitable for the spot treatment of delicate areas such as our cheeks, jowl area, brows, neck, and chest.
- It uses focused microultrasound energy to stimulate growth of fresh collagen to support your skin from within, giving you supple skin and a natural lift. See your skin lifted, more toned and tightened in three months’ time.
- Ultherapy introduced the See Plan Treat protocol, and it is an extension of using the real-time ultrasound imaging technology to deliver the micro-focused ultrasound energy to the correct depth in our skin for optimal results, and Halley Medical Aesthetics is now an Ultherapy SPT-Certified aesthetics clinic in Singapore.
I have read about Ultherapy and have seen some girlfriends do it! My girlfriend Elaine (will link to her blog post on Ultherapy at Halley here) also did Ultherapy and I had also sought her advise. I told Dr Terence Tan I was game for it and he shared more info about the Ultherapy SPT protocol.
- SEE: Includes sound knowledge of the relevant anatomy and using visualization technology to identify the target tissue
- PLAN: Document the target tissue to map out the treatment plan
- TREAT: Safely deliver energy to where it will be most beneficial while ensuring proper treatment technique
I felt that it was reassuring that at every step of the way, I could be able to visualize the treatment!
We then prepped for Ultherapy.
Before the treatment
I was given some painkillers prior to my treatment and numbing cream was applied to the treatment areas to ensure that the treatment would be more comfortable and less painful for me. It was applied for 20 minutes and washed off after. Ultrasound gel was then applied to prepare for the treatment.
Dr Tan did an ultrasound imaging of the respective areas. This ensured a very personalized touch as it shows where it is most beneficial to deposit the ultrasound energy.
For those who asked me previously if it was painful? It was slightly painful however definitely bearable.
At anytime where I was a bit uncomfortable, I would inform Dr Tan and he would move away to another area before returning back to the area after it has cooled down or reduce the intensity.
Honestly, the pain is really bearable, I would do it again. The whole treatment took about 90 minutes in total for the whole face. Dr Tan concentrated on the cheeks and my forehead the most.
While Dr Tan shared that my skin might be flushed and there might be swelling, I didn’t experience that at all. I even went out with my friends afterwards. I did feel a tiny bit of tenderness on the areas when I press it. Without any poking (haha!), there wasn’t any discomfort. Can’t wait to see my results in 3 months time!
Halley Medical Aesthetics also offers body treatments dedicated to weight management, fat reduction, body firming, and muscle toning through their sister clinic – Halley Body Slimming Clinic.
Check out Halley Medical Aesthetics at the details below:
Address: 277 Orchard Road #03-15 orchardgateway Singapore 238858
Opening Hours 10:00 am – 9:00 pm
Contact Tel: +65 6737 8233
For more information, please go to: Website: www.halley.com.sg/ Facebook: www.facebook.com/halleymedicalaesthetics Instagram: www.instagram.com/halleymedicalaesthetics YouTube: www.youtube.com/HalleySGMedicalAesthetic
Disclaimer: This is a media collab with Merz Aesthetics.