This is a Tips on Tuesdays – nadnut pretends to act knowledgable and impart some tips. entry under my themed blog posts! For more info about the themed blog posts, do read the entry here.
(Pic source from: Buzzfeed)
You’ve probably seen this around a couple of times but have no idea what was going on. You’ve been to cafes where they placed probably a lemon, cucumbers or even strawberries in their water and you thought it was interesting and didn’t think much about it.
But actually those places have been doing it right all along!
Disclaimer: Okay, to be honest, I don’t know how legit these sources are but they sound right to me. Apparently fruit-infused water helps for weight loss, detoxes the body and flushes out toxins.
Personally to me, I drink it cos it gives a bit of a kick to boring plain water and it does taste refreshing!
I read from Buzzfeed, a few different suggestions of how to jazz up your water!
1. Strawberry, Lemon and Basil.
2. Orange and Blueberry.
3. Watermelon and Mint
4. Citrus and Cucumber
5. Strawberry, Lime and Cucumber
6. Citrus and Cilantro
7. Rosemary and Grapefruit
8. Raspberry, Rose Petal and Vanilla. (Very interesting combi!)
9. Blueberry and Lavender
10. Cantaloupe Agua Fresca with Honey and Mint
11. Kiwi and Cucumber Agua Fresca
12. Honeydew & Raspberry Agua Fresca
13. Watermelon Coconut Agua Fresca
14. Champagne Mango and Lime
For more information on those recipes above, do check out the Buzzfeed article here.
So basically, some tips here!
1. Be adventurous. To me, there are no hard and fast rules. I just dump whatever fruits that I have that day into my water!
2. Use lots of ice. I love my water ICY cold and I feel that it tastes much better!
3. Muddle it. Some of the fruits and/or herbs taste best when muddled. Usually I’ll use a spoon and press down a bit for it to release their ‘flavour’.
4. Put it in the fridge. I personally would leave it in the fridge for about an hour for the infusion to take place. Let it “marinate” for a while.
5. Remove the skin. The first time, I didn’t remove the skin. I would encourage you to remove it to prevent that bitter taste from the peels.
6. Have fun! If it doesn’t work out, don’t give up, try a different concoction!
This is my ex-colleague’s and my concoction! We used lemon and oranges! I loved the concoction, it was extremely zesty! I think this is a good way to get people who hardly drink plain water (You’ll be surprised to find out that there are a LOT of people like that!) to well, drink plain water!
Pro tip! I learnt this from my ex-colleague Christine! Frozen grapes ARE FREAKING AWESOME! Such a yummy snack! Try it!
Do you have other interesting recipes for fruit-infused water? Or any fun ways of incorporating fruits in your diet? Do comment here pls! I’ll love to find out more!
Till the next Tips on Tuesdays entry!
Thanks for reading nadnut.com – Singapore Lifestyle Blog! Do follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Dayre to get quicker updates of my life! If you’ll like to engage me to review your services, contact me here.