It’s been a while since I cooked. But due to “house arrest”, I’ve been cooking recently. Recently I tried my hand at risotto. I’ve always loved risotto especially after watching Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen shows.
My personal favourite would have to be Scallop and mushroom risotto and I was aiming to cook that recently till I realised that I need to clear some of my ingredients that would be expiring soon thus I made this Chicken and mushroom risotto dish.
I used this recipe from Food.com however I skipped certain ingredients such as the white wine.
For convenience sake, I’ll copy and paste my modified recipe here.
Ingredients (serves two though)
1 tablespoon butter
1 1/4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 piece chicken breast
3 cups chicken stock (heated)
3/4 cup arborio rice
1/2 large chopped onion
2 teaspoons of minced garlic
1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tablespoon of oil
salt & pepper
It’s definitely a dish that you’ll have to pay lots of attention to.
Step by Step
1) In a large pot heat oil and add mushrooms and chicken and cook through until cooked. Remove from pot.
2) Using the same pot, add butter and saute onions and garlic in butter and leftover oil mixture until translucent. Add the rice and stir until the rice turns opaque – about two minutes.
3) Add the salt and pepper to the rice and add 1/2 cup of the heated chicken stock and stir frequently until absorbed. The rice and broth should bubble gently.
4) Continue to cook the rice, adding chicken stock 1/2 cup at a time and allowing the rice to absorb it before adding the next 1/2 cup.
5) Cook rice this way until tender which should take about 25-30 minutes.
6) Just before the last batch of stock has been absorbed into the rice, add the chicken and mushroom mixture back into the pot. Stir through.
7) Add 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese and tomatoes and stir through.
8) Remove from heat when all the remaining stock has been absorbed and the risotto mix is a thick creamy consistency.
9) Serve immediately.
Tadah! I would say it’s a success tastewise. HHAHAAA
Yums! So gonna try this with my scallops next time! If you are wondering why the ingredients are for two and yet, this title is table for one, it’s because the c(hubby) had to work really late that day so it was just me eating. LOL
Thanks for reading nadnut.com – Singapore Lifestyle Blog! Do follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Dayre to get quicker updates of my life! For advertorials, media invitations or sponsored reviews, please contact me here.