Yours truly was at the finals of MSU at Marriott Hotel yesterday. I found the whole experience, rather “interesting”.
Some “highlights” of the event.
– The rather ah beng MC was cracking lame jokes the whole time. His co-host was more fluent than him. Couldn’t they have chosen a better male emcee? Maybe they wanted to showcase the Singapore “flavour”?
– The rather pathetic dinner servings. We all know that the contestants are rather slim and slender. Is Marriott trying to make us as slim as them by cutting down on our portions?
– The super lame games. We ALL know it’s more for the purpose of dragging time. Why not play some music instead? Our ah beng emcee made us divide into teams and to “score points” for our respective teams (called ‘winners’ and ‘champions’) inwhich some rather “interesting” individuals showcased their rather interesting talents. B cups and all. Oh btw, the points weren’t used for anything after that!
– The peacock dance by one finalist during the evening gown segment. Why did she raise her hands and did some weird movement during the walk?!
– Some supporters of the actual winner was rather rude. When one of the finalists was asked ‘what is the most important thing that others value which she values the least?’, some of them shouted ‘virginity’. We all know the winner (or the bf or the family or whatever) bought 4 tables (worth $5k each, OMGWTFBBQ!) and that they’ll be cheering the loudest for her but need they be so crude to the other contestants?
– The “auction” to raise funds for some charity organisation which I can’t remember was held after the 8 finalists were revealed. If you wanna get more funds, hold the bloody auction earlier lah!
– A few cringeworthy answers from the Q&A section. The winner was asked if she would be an animal, what animal would she be and why. She chose a pet dog. Erm WHY?! Female dog = bitch. Seriously, she could have chosen a much better answer.
– Another finalist said that her biggest aspiration was to be an air stewardess. Erm ok. Even world peace (be an ambassador to promote world peace la!) would have been a better answer.
– Another finalist when asked what would she ask God when she meets him said she’ll ask him how long more she has to live. HELLO! First of all, you MIGHT be dead when you meet him. If you happened to meet him when you’re still alive, couldn’t you ask other questions? Like about the world?
– They dragged the whole programme so long that the finalists were only released at 1am!
– The winner won 2 other titles. A bit the unfair right?
– Oh btw, the winner has won 3 international titles before. (Miss SG Asia-Pacific, Miss SG International and Miss SG World) Seriously, it’s such a shoo-in lah. I think future pageants should not accept current title holders of any international pageants. It makes it more “fair” that way. As someone mentioned “she went to represent SG in international grounds before but had never won before, what makes them think that this year will make any difference?”
Ok, there are more cringeworthy moments but I only got home at 2ish and slept at 3am so my head is spinning at the moment. I’ll share more later!
I need red bull.