Chinese New Year is the time of the year where you’ll meet long lost relatives. While it’s a great time to catch up, it’s also the time of the year for your loved ones to spring their undying curiousity about your good self.
While some of us enjoy the festivities and binge eating on the unlimited supply of pineapple tarts and bak kwa, the rest of us really detest Chinese New Year.
I’ve compiled my personal hate list of questions I hate to hear every Chinese New Year.
When I was a student
- What are you studying ah?
- How are your grades ah? Your cousin got A you know?
- Hospitality is work as nurse ah?
When I was working
- What are you working as?
- Gaming industry? Gambling ah?
- Social media? You surf Facebook all day ah girl?
- I hear you post stuff online, some influuencer thing. What’s that ah?
- When getting married ah?
When I first got married
- When wanna have kids ah?
- Must faster have kids you know ah!
When I had my first kid
- Planning to have a second kid?
- Must try for a girl you know!
And now, with two kids.. especially one of each gender, I think hor, the nagging should stop. I doubt people would ask me to have a third? Hopefully not! But let’s see!
What sort of irritating questions are you dreading this CNY? Do share!