after drooling and eating many yummy potato salads, i decided to try it out for my own… aside from a glitch of using the wrong potatoes (YA LA YA LA. NEVER USE YELLOW POTATOES. GRRR), and the potato salad looking even more yellow than my colleague’s egg mayonaise, and forcing my colleagues to try my potato salad…
i have gotten a thumbs up. phew! i modified the recipe i used from women’s weekly.. didnt have relish at home and didnt like egg. so.. there!
nadelicious potato salad recipe! (taken and modified (to be exact removed some items lah) from women’s weekly)
time taken: 30 mins. serves: 2
- 3 potatoes
- half a carrot
- 1 red onion
- 3 – 4 tbsps of Japanese mayonaise
- 2 tbsps of chopped chives
- bacon bits
– boil potatoes in water until soft, leave it to cool. peel potatoes and cut into pieces (if you’re the kind who likes big big pieces like me, cut into 3-cm pieces, else cut into smaller pieces)
– dice carrot (yes raw) into 1 cm pieces and finely chop red onion
– mix potatoes, carrots, onions with mayonnaise. season with pepper, add chives and lots of bacon bits.
yummmmmmmmy! *craves potato salad now*