I have been sponsored by Chrysalis Spa for facials for a few months now and they were really kind to offer to throw me a Bridal Spa party for my bridesmaids (or otherwise affectionately termed as #nadbridesmaids) a week before my wedding!
Just a reminder picture of my lovely ladies and I! We had a fun staycation previously and it's time for a bridal spa party!!
Discussed with the folks from Chrysalis Spa and I decided on having a nautical themed party! I asked the girls to come dressed in blue, arranged for some poms and decor from Merry Love Weddings, goodie bags from Beauty Direct and sOmang and nautical themed macaroons from Shiberty's Sweets! All kindly sponsored of course!
Chrysalis Spa did the rest! They provided the rest of the awesome decor, yummy snacks and of course, the massages and facials!
Me dressed in blue and white! Suitable for the theme!
Have been so busy with #project1314 that I haven't found the time to blog. Oops!
Here are some quick updates!
We reprinted the extra invites we needed (though there was a long delay in that) and finally sent ALL of our invites out! Phew!
We visited our hotel for another site recee with our florist Mirage Flowers.
Can't believe that it will be our wedding this Saturday! On the actual day, the official hashtag is #nadskai1314. #project1314 is the planning stages while #nadskai1314 is the actual happenings!
Had a food tasting session and also chose our tablecloths, dinner plates then!
Loving the moodboard sent by I love Candy Buffet! I will be having a mini candy table at my wedding!
The search for THE gowns have been difficult! I kept changing my mind! hhahhaaha! Finally confirmed our outfits! I took SO many pics of the gowns I tried! Think I'll blog about them in a separate entry! LOL
1 month to #project1314 and it seems that there are so many things not done yet. For now till THE day, everything else will be secondary except for my preparations. (technically, work is still the primary. meh. will talk about that in another entry.)
It's also the time where most couples quarrel and squabble.
Like for instance, the c(hubby) isn't doing anything. Lazy ass. Nagged him so many times but he is still lazing around. I realised it's a common problem that most brides face. I'm so gonna whallop his ass soon. So... if I do take a hiatus, you should know why. I should be busy with preps or kicking the c(hubby)'s ass. I have so much stuff I would like to share on a personal basis but I hardly find the time to do so. Hopefully I'll be able to do so soon.
Some updates of stuff that we have crossed out!
We will be using Mirage Flowers as our floral decorators! Discussed and chose this colour theme for our wedding!
We decided to do away with the UP theme and go for something more garden-y.
We loved the flowers that they have suggested to us! They have also shared a moodboard that they suggested for our wedding. Arches, ribbons, fairy lights, wishing trees! We loved the ideas and hope it'll be as awesome as it sounds!
Our wedding invites have been printed and mailed out to the majority of our friends, family and colleagues! We shared the idea with Vilvian from La Novella Studio and she made it happen! We loved the whole concept of a calendar invite and I'm so happy she made it a reality! Only problem now is that we have ran out of invites and are scrambling to print more. >.<
Went with the Mother-in-law to buy the Si Dian Jin. Nothing too fancy, something economical and nothing too garish. Phew.
Food tasting with the parents and in-laws went well, thankfully. This was also the time they discussed from the Guo Da Li stuff to tables blah blah. Thank god, both our sides are rather accommodating and didn't demand for anything unlike those thrashy tv dramas I've seen. Hopefully the food would be as good as what we've tasted during tasting!
Okay, this is not part of #project1314 but I thought just to update everyone... we went to visit our future home! Progress looks promising! It's supposed to be ready by Q3 2015 but from the looks of it, we could possibly get it much earlier! Maybe Q4 this year or Q1 next year? Much earlier than expected, GG MAX. $ress!!
Alrighty, more updates coming soon I hope!
In the meantime, do check back at times, or you can always stalk me on instagram @nadnut. Toodles.
And oh, turning 30 soon just sucks. Super sucks. 30 is such an ugly number. Tsk.
Do follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get quicker updates of my life! Btw I’m currently using Imotiv! Follow me here! Download Imotiv (available on iPhone and Android) and follow “nadnut”! You’ll get updates as soon as I blog and you can leave comments easily there! If you’ll like to engage me to review your services, contact me here.
Oh my god. I realised that there are a 101 things that we haven't done and I'm lost! So unlike my ROM.
Let's see.. things we've done.
- Booked our venue. Thankfully settled this in the earlier part of the year. We booked Orchard Hotel in Feb this year, had hiccups with them when our sales guy Dan left and no one informed us and some misc nonsense happened. Hopefully things will run smoothly now with our new wedding coordinator Oliver. He's thankfully very on the ball. Phew!
- Booked our photographer(s). Hired UnderTheStars from the referral of Cindy, my makeup artist. Also hired my friend Colin to take behind the scenes and candid shots for us.
- Booked our videographer. We used The Wedding Paparazzi for our ROM and we LOVED their video for us. Needless to say, we booked them again.
- Booked our bridal studio. The kind folks from Bridal Closet will be sponsoring the gowns for my wedding. Thank you!! Their packages are very affordable! Do take a look at their packages!
- Booked my makeup artist.Cindy from Colorpots kindly offered to sponsor us again. THANK YOU! SO MUCH LOVE! I love her works and I feel that she did such a great job for my ROM. <3
- Finished our pre-wedding shoot in Korea.Great experience in Korea. Horrible experience with the editors. In the end, we decided to concede and just accept whatever after so many changes. Just wanna accept my album and close case.
- "Choped'' my bridesmaids. All bloggers bridesmaids! <3 I will be having 5 bridesmaids! I will be blogging about these lovely ladies soon!
- Sent a 'save the date' sms to my guests. WHEE! Thank you to everyone who replied really fast!
Things we have yet to do.
- Finalise our wedding outfits. Way too many lovely outfits at Bridal Closet. Dasha, the owner told me not to lose anymore weight. MUAHAHAHAHA. I LOVE HER MAN! Here's a gown I tried on but did not select. After gaining like what 3kg after my ROM, I still look okay leh. Never even use corset. MWHEHEHEE. Good gowns = look slim.
- Finalise our wedding and floral decorator. Hoping to finalise this soon. My friend Vic recommended a company to us and we hope to finalise this soon.
- Finalise our theme. Apparently the wedding outfits affects the theme. WAI DID I NOT KNOW THIS EARLIER?! GG MAX DOT COM. Also haven't finalise the decorator. LOLOLOL.
- Print our invites. Theme affects design. Theme can't settle till we settle outfits. Oh boy. See above. OH NO.
- Do the chapalang guodali cheenabong stuff. I NEED ADVISE HERE. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? OMG MAX. I so not cheena and dunno what is what. Been researching but wah lao eh, so many different things.
- Do up the wedding itinerary. Errrr. HELP?! Anyone has any examples? 😀
- Have yet to book our wedding car. Not sure if we need to book? We are looking to simplify everything and have the gatecrash at the hotel. Tea ceremony at the hotel. Sua.
- Need to settle bridesmaids outfits. Need to settle theme. Everything seem to lie on the theme. HO SEY.
- Need to settle 'tasks' for the brothers and sisters. Gulps.
- DIY wedding angpao box. Saw a nice design, wanna dooooo it. Gonna bully ask my bridesmaids to help me with this.
- Settle honeymoon matters. Leave booked. But have yet to plan itinerary or book tickets.
- Find out more about the tea ceremony yadda yadda. Apparently this can turn out political. Must be very very careful.
- Decide if we're having a band.
- Work on finalised guest list.
- Work on table arrangements. Apparently this can turn out political. Must be very very careful.
I'm sure I missed out something. OMG. I should have just hired a wedding organiser. Or quit my job and plan full time for the time being. Hurhur.
Have I missed anything out? Advice needed! Thank you! I have been way too slack with the wedding preparations oops.