Since the start of this year, I've been exercising frequently. I've been running constantly with colleagues, with BFF and even by myself.
From February onwards, I decided to take it a notch further. I started on a low carb diet. I cut down on eating stuff like white bread, white rice, fries, noodles and sugary stuff. Instead I turned to more meat, fish, vegetables and more "forgiving" carbs like wheat bread, brown rice, fruits. I've also started incorporating static exercises and resistance training into my workouts.
And boy, did it work! I noticed the most difference in my tummy, my ass (SAD!), boobs, arms and face!
I lost about 6kg so far. Decreased my BMI from an unhealthy 26ish to now an acceptable 22ish.
I've always been on the plump side. Even at my lightest in my twenties, I was like a BMI 20? I tried exercising like mad previously when I was studying, to hitting the gym 5 times a week, even going for back to back classes of body combat, pilates etc but I didn't lose much weight then. Probably 1 - 2 kg?
I tried dieting. For the Nuffnang Blog Awards, I went on a no carb diet, while it did slimmed down my tummy then, I totally ballooned after I stopped that diet.
And now, I know... all that exercise ain't gonna do shit for me if I keep putting shit in my body. It's important to keep a well balanced diet and exercise. I'm not going to be complacent now that I lost a bit of weight. Am hoping to lose a little bit more and tone up. Am still pudgy in areas such as my arms, legs and tummy. All areas are still jiggling like mad. FML.
Just sharing what I'm doing now 🙂
- Cardio at least 2 - 3 times a week at least 30 minutes each time.
- Weights everyday. I do 4 reps of 12 every day.
- Static exercises on days that I do not do cardio. I cover from lunges, crunches and some jumping jacks.
- Cut down on drinking alcohol. If i have to, I drink a glass of wine for special occasions. I ain't wasting it on empty calories!
- Less carbs. I try to take complex carbs or fruits instead. Sometimes I do indulge in a subway wrap but mainly on days where I run.
- Healthy snacks. I have taken to munching on fruits, vegetables (carrots, cherry tomatoes), nuts in the middle of the day even though I'm not hungry. This ensures that I take a smaller dinner instead.
- Have cheat days. Once in a while, I'll indulge in a bit of sugar but I really limit myself. Such as 1/2 a slice of cheesecake.
I'm thinking of incorporating other exercises such as swimming, yoga, pilates, body combat etc. Been a while since I visited Mosaic Dance, perhaps it's time to restart my pilates lessons 😡
Hoping to lose a little bit more! And hoping to tone up some more before my wedding shoot next year! I think of this NOT as a diet but more of a lifestyle change. To a healthier lifestyle! 🙂
Wish me luck!