I first heard about D'Elegance Shapewear during one of the prenatal talks I attended back when I was pregnant with Aidan. I got a set of the long vest and girdle and have been wearing it ever since! Well, till I got pregnant with Davina that is.
I had wanted to share my experience with D'Elegance (seeing how many mamas like me are struggling with their postnatal bodies) but honestly I totally forgotten to do so till recently one of my mama friends shared that she visited D'Elegance.
Here's my honest review on my experience with D'Elegance. D'Elegance is a Singaporean shapewear brand conveniently located at International Plaza.
I spoke to my consultant Angie who shared that the USPs (unique selling points) of D'Elegance compared to it's competitors.
- As D'Elegance is a Singaporean brand, the shape wear is specially catered to the Asian physique.
- Also bearing in mind, D'Elegance knows Singapore's climate, they developed this special technology called WinCool that makes use of light, cooling and airy fabrics suitable for our very warm and humid climate.
- While D'Elegance's price point is more on the higher side, it is because it is long lasting, doesn't stretch (with proper care) and will last you for at least 3 years which is pretty much 6 times longer than other such products in the market.
- Also with a boutique, you can try D'Elegance shapewear and see which is more suited to your body type. Time is saved as compared to blind buys. Fitting sessions are also free (for a limited time currently), without any obligations!
- Each consultation is a comprehensive discussion and fitting service to help one find what suits best.
I took a look around the boutique and Angie shared the various products to me.
One of the more popular items as it helps to maintain one's posture and also tuck in the tummy. Angie shared that this was a hot favourite with cabin crews, make-up artistes and breastfeeding mamas.
The bodysuit is D'Elegance's superstar item. It helps work against gravity to help prevent sagging and is very suitable to sleep in. With the open bust design, it is great for nursing mums when paired with nursing bras. It also helps to 'hide' the unsavoury lumps especially for postnatal mamas like me. Basically it helps firms up the tummy, lift up the butt and hide the bulge from popping out. I have this piece and I wear it with my bodycon dresses all the time!
A personal favourite of mine as it's the most comfy item for me! It's easy to be slipped on and helps with thigh shaping, tummy slimming, waist shaping and most importantly improving ones posture. For the ultimate combo, I use the bodysuit with the long girdle!
If you are a fan of shorter hemlines, the short girdle is the one for you. Same as the Long girdle, it helps tucks in tummy and lifts the butt.
If you are looking for something to focus on the tummy without the straps, the waist slimmer will be your product of choice. Use it with ease with your tube/offshoulder tops. Another hot favourite for postnatal care, it helps to provide support for the back while taming the unruly tummy. Bonus: You get a great posture! it also helps with hip shaping!
Last but not least, the only item I didn't manage to try as I'm still breastfeeding. Their bras help with an instant bust life, reduce saggy boobs and also gives maximum support for the chest. It also helps with back smoothening.
The items I got two years back were the Bodysuit, Long Girdle and Short Girdle. They have lasted for more than 2 years and served me very well. Here's an example of the difference with wearing shapewear and without.
Do take note: Shapewear does not help with weightloss nor is it a miracle product. Shapewear helps shape back the body and improves one's posture.
To really reduce weight, you'll have to diet and exercise! Shapewear are my go to for body hugging dresses and to improve my posture. Especially for caesarian mamas like me, I need help keeping the pooch in!
As you can see from the images above, D'Elegance shapewear (I wore the long girdle and bodysuit) helps to 'hide' unsightly lumps like my mumtum.
Thank you D'Elegance for the great experience back then and now! I actually went back recently to have a look and see if I need to get new items! I'll definitely be wearing them when I head back to work soon!