As some of you guys may realise, I had put on more weight during my pregnancy with Davina as compared with Aidan.
Heck, I didn’t even lose all of my pregnancy weight with Aidan back then. With Davina, I gained about 15kg. This time, I worked harder to lose the weight as compared to the first pregnancy. I did a 2 months confinement, ate healthier food, cut down my portions and did very light exercises. Surprisingly i lost all of my pregnancy weight! However, I couldn’t shed any more weight. I’ve reached a plateau. Basically a standstill.
I up-ed my efforts but I couldn’t lose any more weight. At that time, Aimin Acupuncture contacted me and asked if I would be keen to try out TCM slimming. Visited them and they shared more about their their acupuncture and weight loss treatments.
They shared the difference between Aimin’s TCM methods as compared to pill popping. TCM is a healthy and more sustainable way of losing weight. Weight loss is actually a benefit of acupuncture as the main aim is to improve overall health and digestive issues.
After what they shared, I decided to try out Aimin despite my insane fear of needles. As I’m still breastfeeding (and I intend to continue for as long as I can), i needed to find a more sustainable and healthy weight loss way.
Chloe from Aimin worked out a package for me where I would undergo Weightloss Acupuncture twice a week, Slimming Cupping once a week alongside a Meridian Slimming Massage once a week. I also had the opportunity to sample out their RF treatments.
Yes, I won’t deny it. I can feel the needles when they insert, however after that, it’s really fine. But that being said, I am one of the more sensitive ones who fear needles. Even when I had my fillers done back then, I could also feel the pain. Cupping to me isn’t painful at all however I have heard that other people find it extremely painful. Guess, it’s really up to individual!
Here’s a video interview of my experience!
How long has Aimin been around?
Aimin has over 24 years of experience! Their acupuncture weight-loss treatment has helped over 2,300 customers lose weight & maintain the weight loss effectively!
How is the process like?
For the acupuncture session, needles will be inserted at various acupoints on the tummy and legs. A heat lamp will be placed on the tummy and the needles will be left for 40 minutes.
For slimming cupping, cups using heat will be placed on front & back of body for about 10 minutes.
What does it do?
It improves my digestive system, also helps suppresses my appetite a bit. I have also been recommended a simple meal plan on things to avoid eating and items great to eat. Honestly, I’m not so guai with my diet. Breastfeeding mamas are ALWAYS hungry HAHHAA. It’s a slower method of weightloss but we are looking at a more sustainable and long term approach.
How do I feel?
Great! I used to suffer from constipation problems. With Aimin, I go everyday. HAHAHA. My milk supply did dip a bit due to me eating lesser but it’s okay now! I do feel healthier, lighter and less tired these days.
How much weight have i lost?
Considering the fact that I’m still eating rubbish (SORRY AIMIN!), I think my results are amazing. I have lost over 7kg. I’m now at my pre-pregnancy weight before Aidan! Woohoo! Back to 2015 weight!
Are you satisfied with your results?
Am i satisfied? Of course! Just look at the results for yourself. Same dress from Jump Eat Cry. One taken before any treatments at Aimin and the other after.
Any promotions currently?
Aimin is offering a FREE trial currently to new customers. Try it for yourself and see the results. You can select any 2 treatments from: 1) Meridian Slimming massage (worth S$69.90) or 2) Slimming Acupuncture (worth S$159.90).
Do take note that you will have to be a new customer, first timer visit to Aimin. Only applicable for Singaporeans, PR, EP & SP above 21 years old. Simply contact Aimin here and quote ‘nadia’ to redeem the free trial by end of March 2019.
Do check out Aimin at their Central Branch conveniently located at 51 Cuppage Road #01-05 Singapore 229469.
While the treatments were sponsored, all opinions are my own and I am not obligated to write a review.
Do check out my pregnancy and baby blog posts here:
- The Third Party
- Pregnancy’s Musings
- Pregnancy Pet Peeves
- Prenatal Yoga
- Choosing Junior’s name
- Pampering treats during my pregnancy
- 35 weeks pregnant
- Almost there now
- Maternity photoshoot by Ashley Low Photography
- Say hello to baby Aidan!
- Newborn shoot with Ashley Low Photography
- Happy Father’s Day with Oral B
- Aidan is 3 months old
- Chubby A wears ChubbyK
- Trying out QV!
- How is it like being a mum?
- Aidan is now 4 months old
- Aidan’s birth story
- My pre-preparation before Aidan’s arrival
- Bringing Aidan home
- A is 5 months old!
- A dad’s role
- Baby Aidan is 6 months old!
- Transitioning back to work
- Babywearing rocks!
- Aidan is now 7 months old!
- Milk bath for Baby Aidan!
- Ecostore baby range
- Family staycation at Ramada Singapore
- Baby Aidan is now 8 months old!
- Somebody is 9 months old
- 4 Major Things That Happened To Me in 2016
- Meeting Ula from Tula!
- Aidan turns 10
- CNY: Then and Now
- 11 months old!
- Our Family Fun Escape Staycation at Swissotel Merchant Court
- Trying out Nateen Baby Diapers
- Our Family Photoshoot with Ashley Low Photography
- Aidan is 1!
- No longer a baby! A is 13 months old!
- 14 months old now!
- If I can, I will
- Aidan’s cake smash photoshoot
- You’ll never stop worrying as a parent
- Our stay at Oasia Residence
- How I packed the Jujube BFF for a day out!
- Aidan is 15 months old
- Celebrating 33
- Bringing a baby to Genting
- Aidan’s 16 & 17 months milestones
- Aidan’s 18 & 19 months milestones
- Our Royal Caribbean Mariners of the Seas cruise experience with a toddler
- A new addition coming our way in April 2018
- My Gender Reveal Photoshoot
- Aidan’s milestones
- Suffering from nursing aversion
- My maternity photoshoot with Ashley Low Photography
- Difference between expecting #1 and #2
- Presenting Davina Sim…
- Davina’s birth story
- Our newborn and family shoot with Ashley Low Photography
- My PEM Confinement Review
- Aidan’s and Davina’s monthly milestones
- Tian Yuan Xiang Chicken Essence Review
- Post Natal Massage Singapore Review
- Tips on flying onboard
- Tian Wei Signatures – Confinement Food Catering in Singapore
- D’Elegance – Shapewear to boost your confidence
- Updates about the kiddos
- Back on Royal Caribbean Singapore
- Quarterly updates about the kiddos
Thanks for reading nadnut.com – Singapore Lifestyle Blog! Do follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Dayre and Snapchat (nick: @nadnutdotcom) to get quicker updates of my life! For advertorials, media invitations or sponsored reviews, please contact me here.