As mentioned in my previous blog post, I installed an automated laundry system from Steigen. I promised to write a detailed post on the system as most of my friends were rather interested in it.
Just to recap, some reasons to why I chose an automated laundry system.
- The manual pulley system provided by HDB was cumbersome and troublesome to use.
- We did not have the space to install a dryer.
Some other reasons are:
- In the long run, we'll save more money than using a dryer. An electric dryer can be costly as the energy consumption can be extremely high. Also, with Singapore's climate, save for a few months during the monsoon season, we usually have hot temperatures that is sufficient enough to dry our clothes in good time.
- It's less tiring to use. The manual system requires much effort. You'll need to pull, release the cord in certain angles. Heck, with a newborn now, I don't even have time for myself these days. To have to deal with the hassle of the pulley and cord system, would definitely make me lose my patience.
- With the automated system, all I have to do is press a button. Extremely convenient with the least effort, time, money and steps needed. I love the remote controlled system. Less effort indeed!
- The system also has a safety mechanism where it lowers at a steady speed. If it encounters an obstruction, the system will halt immediately. Aside from that, the material is made out of strong aluminium which can withstand heavy weight.
- I love that the poles are retractable, I can lengthen and shorten the poles according to my needs e.g. When I dry bedsheets, I lengthen the poles. For lesser laundry, I can shorten the poles and use less space!
- In-built LED lighting. Instead of installing a light, I utilised my existing lighting point for the system.
While there are other automated laundry systems with other features such as UV lights and/or fans, I found it unnecessary.
We took some pictures during the installation which was a breeze.
Measuring the area needed.
Some prep work before installation.
Installation in progress. I love how sleek it looks!
My ex-colleague's husband showing us how it works.
The installed automated laundry system by Steigen
Bringing the poles down
With the LED light on
Bringing the extended poles down
I'm extremely pleased with Steigen and have been promoting this to my friends! As mentioned, my ex-colleague's husband handles this and has kindly offered a discount to my readers! Show some support to them please!
For more info about Steigen, check out:
140 Paya Lebar Road,
#06-19 AZ@Paya Lebar,
Mon - Fri: 10am to 6pm
Sat & Sun: 12pm to 6pm
Contact number: 88186588 / 86993219
Quote "NADNUT" in the voucher code to enjoy a $50 discount for the laundry system
Do check out my other entries on #nadskaihome (aka our Punggol BTO) here:
- Checking out our Punggol BTO
- Top 10 things I'll like to buy for our home
- Planning for #nadskaihome
- Researching on an Interior Design style
- Things to prepare when searching for an Interior Designer
- Collecting our keys to our BTO
- Spending time at #nadskaihome
- Shortlisting a contractor or an interior designer
- Defects checking at a new BTO
- #nadskaihome updates
- Another #nadskaihome update - Painting
- Renovation Woes
- The renovation nightmare continues
- Hitting Week 17 of Renovation
- Week 17 is finally over
- Choosing a mattress?
- 3M Solar and Safety Films
- Considering on a laundry drying rack system
Thanks for reading nadnut.com - Singapore Lifestyle Blog! Do follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Dayre and Snapchat (nick: @nadnutdotcom) to get quicker updates of my life! For advertorials, media invitations or sponsored reviews, please contact me here.