I have been sponsored by Chrysalis Spa for facials for a few months now and they were really kind to offer to throw me a Bridal Spa party for my bridesmaids (or otherwise affectionately termed as #nadbridesmaids) a week before my wedding!
Just a reminder picture of my lovely ladies and I! We had a fun staycation previously and it's time for a bridal spa party!!
Discussed with the folks from Chrysalis Spa and I decided on having a nautical themed party! I asked the girls to come dressed in blue, arranged for some poms and decor from Merry Love Weddings, goodie bags from Beauty Direct and sOmang and nautical themed macaroons from Shiberty's Sweets! All kindly sponsored of course!
Chrysalis Spa did the rest! They provided the rest of the awesome decor, yummy snacks and of course, the massages and facials!
Me dressed in blue and white! Suitable for the theme!
1 month to #project1314 and it seems that there are so many things not done yet. For now till THE day, everything else will be secondary except for my preparations. (technically, work is still the primary. meh. will talk about that in another entry.)
It's also the time where most couples quarrel and squabble.
Like for instance, the c(hubby) isn't doing anything. Lazy ass. Nagged him so many times but he is still lazing around. I realised it's a common problem that most brides face. I'm so gonna whallop his ass soon. So... if I do take a hiatus, you should know why. I should be busy with preps or kicking the c(hubby)'s ass. I have so much stuff I would like to share on a personal basis but I hardly find the time to do so. Hopefully I'll be able to do so soon.
Some updates of stuff that we have crossed out!
We will be using Mirage Flowers as our floral decorators! Discussed and chose this colour theme for our wedding!
We decided to do away with the UP theme and go for something more garden-y.
We loved the flowers that they have suggested to us! They have also shared a moodboard that they suggested for our wedding. Arches, ribbons, fairy lights, wishing trees! We loved the ideas and hope it'll be as awesome as it sounds!
Our wedding invites have been printed and mailed out to the majority of our friends, family and colleagues! We shared the idea with Vilvian from La Novella Studio and she made it happen! We loved the whole concept of a calendar invite and I'm so happy she made it a reality! Only problem now is that we have ran out of invites and are scrambling to print more. >.<
Went with the Mother-in-law to buy the Si Dian Jin. Nothing too fancy, something economical and nothing too garish. Phew.
Food tasting with the parents and in-laws went well, thankfully. This was also the time they discussed from the Guo Da Li stuff to tables blah blah. Thank god, both our sides are rather accommodating and didn't demand for anything unlike those thrashy tv dramas I've seen. Hopefully the food would be as good as what we've tasted during tasting!
Okay, this is not part of #project1314 but I thought just to update everyone... we went to visit our future home! Progress looks promising! It's supposed to be ready by Q3 2015 but from the looks of it, we could possibly get it much earlier! Maybe Q4 this year or Q1 next year? Much earlier than expected, GG MAX. $ress!!
Alrighty, more updates coming soon I hope!
In the meantime, do check back at times, or you can always stalk me on instagram @nadnut. Toodles.
And oh, turning 30 soon just sucks. Super sucks. 30 is such an ugly number. Tsk.
Do follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get quicker updates of my life! Btw I’m currently using Imotiv! Follow me here! Download Imotiv (available on iPhone and Android) and follow “nadnut”! You’ll get updates as soon as I blog and you can leave comments easily there! If you’ll like to engage me to review your services, contact me here.
Been a rather busy few months with work, wedding planning and all. Sorry for the lack of updates 🙁 I have been more religiously updating my instagram! Do follow me at @nadnut for quicker updates!
Went to Universal Studios Singapore for Halloween Horror Nights 3 with Fidelis, Leon and their friends.
We have heard so much good stuff from the previous years from our friends and decided to try it out! Loved it! (Although I heard that previous years were more fun but we had nothing to compare!) Express pass was definitely worth the money!
Blanket party at the office!
Pretty pink gelish nails courtesy of Milly's! Sms 83835395 to get your own lovely gelish nails done now!
I hardly use falsies as I find it hard to put on. My friend Camy passed me Star Lash from her company and I tried it out! Wasn't that difficult after all!
Somersby loving with the colleagues. Best bunch in the world 🙂
Bought the iPhone 5S 64GB in Gold. BROKE DIE ME. BUT SO CHIO!
SIMBA! Edited by my colleague Gene!
Loving the Wifey top that my colleague Samantha helped me order from Supre.
The hubby posted this on his Facebook stating that "Nadia scared people don't know she's my wife". Obviously meaning the Wifey top. We got funny comments from his friends about need not bother about what people think. LE SIGH. WHY NO ONE GETS OUR HUMOUR AH?! Are we that lame? 🙁
I must be damn blessed. After my last update on #project1314, the kind folks at Club Couture emailed me and offered to sponsor my bridesmaid dresses! WHEEEEEEEE! Thank you kind folkssssss! I have ordered the above dress designed by the awesome Holly Jean in 5 lovely colours for my 5 blogger bridesmaids! <3 Errrr, I don't suppose any of these vendors would like to sponsor me too? HAHAHHAA. I need a band, wedding coordinator and a candy table! HAHHAHA. #notshy
Oh my god. I realised that there are a 101 things that we haven't done and I'm lost! So unlike my ROM.
Let's see.. things we've done.
- Booked our venue. Thankfully settled this in the earlier part of the year. We booked Orchard Hotel in Feb this year, had hiccups with them when our sales guy Dan left and no one informed us and some misc nonsense happened. Hopefully things will run smoothly now with our new wedding coordinator Oliver. He's thankfully very on the ball. Phew!
- Booked our photographer(s). Hired UnderTheStars from the referral of Cindy, my makeup artist. Also hired my friend Colin to take behind the scenes and candid shots for us.
- Booked our videographer. We used The Wedding Paparazzi for our ROM and we LOVED their video for us. Needless to say, we booked them again.
- Booked our bridal studio. The kind folks from Bridal Closet will be sponsoring the gowns for my wedding. Thank you!! Their packages are very affordable! Do take a look at their packages!
- Booked my makeup artist.Cindy from Colorpots kindly offered to sponsor us again. THANK YOU! SO MUCH LOVE! I love her works and I feel that she did such a great job for my ROM. <3
- Finished our pre-wedding shoot in Korea.Great experience in Korea. Horrible experience with the editors. In the end, we decided to concede and just accept whatever after so many changes. Just wanna accept my album and close case.
- "Choped'' my bridesmaids. All bloggers bridesmaids! <3 I will be having 5 bridesmaids! I will be blogging about these lovely ladies soon!
- Sent a 'save the date' sms to my guests. WHEE! Thank you to everyone who replied really fast!
Things we have yet to do.
- Finalise our wedding outfits. Way too many lovely outfits at Bridal Closet. Dasha, the owner told me not to lose anymore weight. MUAHAHAHAHA. I LOVE HER MAN! Here's a gown I tried on but did not select. After gaining like what 3kg after my ROM, I still look okay leh. Never even use corset. MWHEHEHEE. Good gowns = look slim.
- Finalise our wedding and floral decorator. Hoping to finalise this soon. My friend Vic recommended a company to us and we hope to finalise this soon.
- Finalise our theme. Apparently the wedding outfits affects the theme. WAI DID I NOT KNOW THIS EARLIER?! GG MAX DOT COM. Also haven't finalise the decorator. LOLOLOL.
- Print our invites. Theme affects design. Theme can't settle till we settle outfits. Oh boy. See above. OH NO.
- Do the chapalang guodali cheenabong stuff. I NEED ADVISE HERE. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO? OMG MAX. I so not cheena and dunno what is what. Been researching but wah lao eh, so many different things.
- Do up the wedding itinerary. Errrr. HELP?! Anyone has any examples? 😀
- Have yet to book our wedding car. Not sure if we need to book? We are looking to simplify everything and have the gatecrash at the hotel. Tea ceremony at the hotel. Sua.
- Need to settle bridesmaids outfits. Need to settle theme. Everything seem to lie on the theme. HO SEY.
- Need to settle 'tasks' for the brothers and sisters. Gulps.
- DIY wedding angpao box. Saw a nice design, wanna dooooo it. Gonna bully ask my bridesmaids to help me with this.
- Settle honeymoon matters. Leave booked. But have yet to plan itinerary or book tickets.
- Find out more about the tea ceremony yadda yadda. Apparently this can turn out political. Must be very very careful.
- Decide if we're having a band.
- Work on finalised guest list.
- Work on table arrangements. Apparently this can turn out political. Must be very very careful.
I'm sure I missed out something. OMG. I should have just hired a wedding organiser. Or quit my job and plan full time for the time being. Hurhur.
Have I missed anything out? Advice needed! Thank you! I have been way too slack with the wedding preparations oops.
I loved the flower details of the dress. Plus as the dress was a tad too big for me, I had the luxury of eating more and not face the hassle of loosening my belt because my jeans/dress was too tight for me.
Why did I call it the bridesmaid dress?
It was because the bridesmaids were in the same colour!
Congrats Adrian and Candy! Miss you guys a lot! Catch up soon!
To advertise on my blog, contact me here to get a quote! Aside from that, together with 4 other bloggers (Esther, Fidelis, Jacelyn and Sabrina), we're offering a special promo for blogshops for a special event. If you're keen, contact me for more info.