This is a Thursday's Travels - Anything about previous, current and future (upcoming) travel exploits entry under my Singapore Travel Blog themed blog posts! For more info about the themed blog posts, do read the entry here.
While BFF and I were researching for our trip last year, we had decided that we wanted the hanbok experience. We wanted to wear a hanbok and walk along the streets in Korea.
I mean, we could buy a hanbok and bring it home but when will we wear it? Might as well rent a hanbok and have the full experience in Korea.
After doing some research, we came across Oneday Hanbok which allowed us to rent a hanbok in Korea. Plus the hanbok was great to cover my baby bump then! (was about 5-6 months pregnant, if I remembered correctly)
Oneday Hanbok was conveniently located at one of the train stations.
There was a huge variety of hanboks to choose from in various styles.
With accessories to choose from too!
We hit jackpot with our first choice!
Heading off in the hanboks we chose!
Needless to say, we took a lot of pictures in it.
With nature backgrounds.
To places of attractions.
In our airbnb.
To just plain camwhoring.
Goodbye Korea! (and lovely hanboks)
To be honest, there were not a lot of Koreans in hanboks at the areas we visited sadly. In the end, tourists mistook us as Koreans and wanted to take pictures of us. We had to explain that we were tourists ourselves LOL. Unfortunately a lot of them took sneaky pics of us despite us rejecting for photos. >.<
In any case, it was a great overall experience! I hope to do this again the next time I visit Korea. Or to rent a kimono when I visit Japan!
If you are visiting Korea, do Rent a hanbok in Korea and share your experience! We got ours from:
2nd Floor, 4 Bukchonro5-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul (approximately 300m from Exit 2 of Anguk Station and across the road from Jae-dong Elementary School
Apologies for the late updates on Korea. Aidan has taken over my life now. HAHHAA. I will be slowly updating on Korea as much as I can.
Pics in this entry are from both BFF and I!
Check out my previous Korea entries below!
- Off to Korea
- Korea Travel Tips: The wifi must-have and the airport limo bus
- Korea photoshoot: Trying out the gowns
- Korea moments: Delicious beef
- NAH! Sneak peek!
- My beauty haul from Korea
- Korea moments: Of train rides and expensive froyo
- Korea moments: LotteWorld
- Korea moments: What did I ate?
- Korea moments: Love Locks at Seoul Tower
- Korea moments: Hello Kitty Cafe
- Korea moments: Visiting a cat cafe!
- Behind the scenes: Pre wedding photoshoot in Korea!
- Actual photos: Korean pre-wedding photoshoot
- My love for Running Man + Korean lessons!
- Need Travel Tips For Korea!
- Traveling to Korea for the third time!
- The Korea BFF trip!
- Our LINE Inspired Airbnb accommodation in Korea
Do check out Jacelyn's Korea trip updates here!
- Our Airbnb Experience in Korea
- LINE Friends Store & Cafe, Seoul
- Mabokrim Halmeoni Maknae Adeulne, Seoul
- The Jimjilbang experience
- Kang Ho Dong Baekjeong Korean BBQ
- Exploring Gyeongbokgung with Oneday Hanbok
- 3 Reasons Why You Should Visit Ewha University
- IQ84 Churros
- 4 Things to do at Gyeongbokgung
Thanks for reading nadnut.com - Singapore Lifestyle Blog! Do follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Dayre and Snapchat (nick: @nadnutdotcom) to get quicker updates of my life! For advertorials, media invitations or sponsored reviews, please contact me here.