As some of you guys may know, I did my recent maternity shoot with Ashley Low Photography and basically almost all of my family shoots with her!
She did such an awesome job with Aidan's newborn photoshoot that it's a no-brainer that I would return to her!
Prior to the shoot
We discussed about themes and concepts. Questions posed to me were:
- Do you have any colour preferences like “neutral”, “pastels only”, “bright” or you are fine with any colour choice?
- Do you like usage of flowers, floral themes?
- We have the following set ups: basket/fabric ; beanbags ; themes - do you have preference over any kind of set ups?
I also viewed their website to have a sense of what types of set ups were available. Back then, for Aidan's shoot, I wanted colourful. For Davina, I wanted more neutral and girly colours. I also opted for more beanbags and baskets/fabrics as compared to concept themes.
Ashley's team also shared with us to consider neutral coloured outfits for our family shoot and to avoid big logos etc. Like with Aidan's, we decided to go with all white again!
They also sent across the location map for our easy reference.
On the day itself
Ashley has shifted studio to a stone's throw away from her previous one. The new studio is bigger and more comfy!
There was a huge bunch of props and also an area for kids to have fun, which Aidan definitely did! He had so much fun with all of the toys!
A pantry area where cold and hot drinks are available. Plenty of snacks were available too!
Some of the other props available such as cloths, swaddles, baskets etc
A changing table where diapers and wet wipes are available.
I was extremely excited when I walked in as I saw all of the themes prepared for me.
I soon sat back and just let Ashley and her team to work her magic. She took care of outfit changes, to coaxing Davina to even changing her diaper when Davina soiled it! Here are some behind the scenes pics I sneakily took of Ashley and team!
We managed to finish the photoshoot within 1.5 hours despite having to stop for 2 times, to breastfeed and also having to coax a temperamental Aidan who did not want to take pics and wanted to continue playing LOL.
All I can say is... Ashley really knows how to coax kids! She got Aidan smiling in no time!
Love the sky background!
Florals! Huge fan of florals
Pink and neutrals in a basket!
I had to do this shot as we did a similar one for Aidan back then! I also customised the name banner for Davina.
My princess in a tutu!
And my personal favourite... the family shots!
My happy family. 😀
Featuring the gems in my life.
I'm so glad that we decided on a newborn shoot for both of our kids, they grow up so fast! Love that we captured these precious moments in prints!
Discount code available!
If you are an expecting mum, I'll highly recommend that you splurge on a newborn shoot! It's definitely worth it! Ashley has also kindly extended a discount for www.nadnut.com readers!
Simply quote ‘Nadia’ upon booking to enjoy $50 discount on all session fees! Discount is available till 31st December 2018. Do take note that terms and conditions apply!
For bookings and enquiries, email Ashley at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit her website for more details! www.ashleylowphotography.com
Background info about Ashley:
Ashley Low Photography (ALP) is a cosy and personable boutique set-up that provides creative and fun photos for your beautiful lasting memories for your newborns and babies. Ashley is a female photographer and the only Photographer in ALP who specialises in Newborn and Baby Photography, and they also provide photography services for pregnant mummies and families in Singapore. ALP has been around for over 6 years now!
If you like my photos, do check out Ashley Low Photography! It's definitely a great experience working with her. All in all, I enjoyed the brainstorming sessions and actual photoshoot the most! She really made me feel at ease, which is very important for a newborn photoshoot!
Do check out my pregnancy and baby blog posts here:
- The Third Party
- Pregnancy's Musings
- Pregnancy Pet Peeves
- Prenatal Yoga
- Choosing Junior's name
- Pampering treats during my pregnancy
- 35 weeks pregnant
- Almost there now
- Maternity photoshoot by Ashley Low Photography
- Say hello to baby Aidan!
- Newborn shoot with Ashley Low Photography
- Happy Father's Day with Oral B
- Aidan is 3 months old
- Chubby A wears ChubbyK
- Trying out QV!
- How is it like being a mum?
- Aidan is now 4 months old
- Aidan's birth story
- My pre-preparation before Aidan's arrival
- Bringing Aidan home
- A is 5 months old!
- A dad's role
- Baby Aidan is 6 months old!
- Transitioning back to work
- Babywearing rocks!
- Aidan is now 7 months old!
- Milk bath for Baby Aidan!
- Ecostore baby range
- Family staycation at Ramada Singapore
- Baby Aidan is now 8 months old!
- Somebody is 9 months old
- 4 Major Things That Happened To Me in 2016
- Meeting Ula from Tula!
- Aidan turns 10
- CNY: Then and Now
- 11 months old!
- Our Family Fun Escape Staycation at Swissotel Merchant Court
- Trying out Nateen Baby Diapers
- Our Family Photoshoot with Ashley Low Photography
- Aidan is 1!
- No longer a baby! A is 13 months old!
- 14 months old now!
- If I can, I will
- Aidan's cake smash photoshoot
- You'll never stop worrying as a parent
- Our stay at Oasia Residence
- How I packed the Jujube BFF for a day out!
- Aidan is 15 months old
- Celebrating 33
- Bringing a baby to Genting
- Aidan's 16 & 17 months milestones
- Aidan's 18 & 19 months milestones
- Our Royal Caribbean Mariners of the Seas cruise experience with a toddler
- A new addition coming our way in April 2018
- My Gender Reveal Photoshoot
- Aidan's milestones
- Suffering from nursing aversion
- My maternity photoshoot with Ashley Low Photography
- Difference between expecting #1 and #2
- Presenting Davina Sim...
- Davina's birth story
Thanks for reading nadnut.com - Singapore Lifestyle Blog! Do follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Dayre and Snapchat (nick: @nadnutdotcom) to get quicker updates of my life! For advertorials, media invitations or sponsored reviews, please contact me here.