3 years ago, I visited Allure Beauty with BFF to get my eyebrows embroidered. I never regretted that decision. This time, I visited Allure Beauty once again to get my brows embroidered once again courtesy of Absolute PR.
I felt that my previous embroidery had faded to a brownish red colour then and was a bit too thin for me. This time, I decided to ask for a much darker colour and also for thicker brows.
I visited their West Mall outlet which was a much newer and cosier outlet.
A pic of my unruly brows. I prefer thicker brows now, maybe due to the korean brows trend?
As per my previous embroidery session, Allure Beauty shared that brows frame a person’s face. A person without the right brows looks untidy and less than groomed. It is also the most prominent feature to one’s face. Using the brows and combining it with The Golden Ratio, it brings balance and proportion. The Golden Ratio also brings one a step closer to beauty perfection and harmonizes the rest of the features together brilliantly. The ratio of the longer side to the shorter or also known as The Golden Ratio was widely used by renowned artists such as Leonardo Da Vinci and architects to achieve perfection in their masterpiece. Now Allure Beauty incorporates it in their work of eyebrow embroidery.
Just like to remind everyone about the misconceptions of Eyebrow Embroidery once again.
- Eyebrow Embroidery is NOT the same as Eyebrow Tattoo.
- Eyebrow Tattoo is a permanent method which involves the injection of ink into the dermis layer of one’s skin. Overtime, the colour will change and some people end up with greenish/bluish eyebrows.
- Eyebrow Embroidery is a semi-permanent method. The ink is only injected into the top layer of one’s skin. Overtime, we “shed” our skin and thus the eyebrow embroidery will fade off naturally after 2 years. (Depending on individual)
- Eyebrow Embroidery is not as painful as tattoo. While there is a slight pain, it is definitely bearable.
As per my last session, the lovely Ms Joey Tee would be handling the eyebrow embroidery session for me again.
However this time, they applied the numbing cream for 20 minutes before shaping my brows.
Joey trimmed my brows, shaped and drew my brow according to her recommendations. We had a discussion and she felt with my weight loss (she noticed! hehee), I could carry off a different eyebrow shape! We had a few changes here and she tweaked it till I was comfortable with the brows drawn.
She was very patient and always checked with me to ensure I was comfortable with the suggestions.
Presenting the drawn brows! Super duper neat!
I was ushered into a private room where Joey mixed and customised an eyebrow colour for me. She also shared with me that a new blade is used for each customer. There is no sharing of blades at all. Basically the consultant will use the blade to pick up some ink and make little cuts (it sounds worse than it is) into your skin. As it is the top layer of one’s skin and as there is anesthetic cream applied, there is only a slight pain. For some reason, this session was more painful than my previous session 3 years ago. But definitely bearable.
After that, I was brought outside once again where Joey helped to do minor touchups.
My end result! It was a little bit red but definitely wasn't as bad as last time!
Thank you Joey!
This time, I healed much better. There was very little scabbing and it didn't turn out lapixiaoxing brows too!
My brows a week after embroidery!
After the first touch up! LOVE IT!
Here are some after care tips.
- The colour would fade about 50 – 70% within the first two weeks. But not to worry, there will be a touch up session.
- While the colour fades, there will be slight scabbing, please do NOT peel the scabs.
- Avoid contact with water for the first week.
- Avoid scrubbing of brows for the first week.
- Avoid whitening creams on the brows for the first week.
- Apply the anti-scar cream diligently 3 – 5 times a day for the first week.
For those who are interested, you can check out Allure Beauty at their branches. (address below)
- Tiong Bahru Plaza (next to Tiong Bahru MRT Station), #05-04A. Telephone: 6270 8845.
- West Mall (next to Bukit Batok MRT Station), #04 – 10. Telephone: 6898 2242.
- City Square Mall *NEW* (next to Farrer Park MRT Station), #03 – 29 / 30 Telephone: 6509 8859
Do follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to get quicker updates of my life! Btw I’m currently using Imotiv! Follow me here! Download Imotiv (available on iPhone and Android) and follow “nadnut”! You’ll get updates as soon as I blog and you can leave comments easily there! If you’ll like to engage me to review your services, contact me here.